A Volkwagen Beetle is what everything started with!
The entire Porsche Bank History starts on March 6th, 1966, when Porsche Holding concludes the very first leasing agreement for a Volkwagen Beetle, thus setting the grounds of a new financing system in Austria.
- August 1999 - Porsche Leasing Romania, the first company of Porsche Finance Group Romania, opens office in Bucharest
- November 2000 - Porsche Leasing Romania launches the financial leasing product
- January 2003 - Porsche Finance Group Romania launches the second member company of the group, Porsche Broker de Asigurare. The new company begins as a car insurance broker for the leasing contracts concluded via Porsche Leasing.
- October 2004 - Porsche Bank Romania is launched, the first Romanian bank specialized in car loans.
- July 2006 - Porsche Mobility is launched, providing fleet management, operate lease and rent-a-car services for corporate customers.
- December 2006 - Porsche Leasing Romania takes the leading position on the Romanian leasing market, with a total financed amount of 124 Mio EUR (7.400 financed vehicles).
- October 2008 - Porsche Asigurari is launched, the youngest member of Porsche Finance Group, completing the "One-Stop-Shop" integrated service concept.